My new YouTube channel Intro:
1. Cameras- I have several cameras. But only two (that work) for shooting video, not counting my iPhone, but I did just get a new one so maybe I’ll work on using it too!
2. Video quality- having a good camera is one thing, but having the ability to adjust HD settings is awesome. With my GoPro I can shoot in 720 all the way up to 4000p (pixel resolution). That makes for some amazing video quality.
3. Lighting- I am still struggling with this one. It’s hard to find good natural light. Using a simple lamp can be very yellow, and casts weird shadows. I have started playing with other light sources. But I am still working it out.
4. Sound- I currently don’t have a mic for my camera. But I have seen that sound quality is very important, and there are many things that can mess up the sound in your video. Background noise, that may not seem so loud when you are shooting can be amplified, and some things, like touching your camera or camera housing can make a lot of noise through the cameras built in mic.
5. Editing Programs- I am a HUGE fan of apples iMove. It makes editing very easy and you can add fun sounds and pictures to fade between clips. But that means I can only edit on the laptop, which has a hard time with the HD videos from my GoPro. I am currently looking for a free or inexpensive editing program for my PC.
6. Computer speed- This is pretty important. I found while working with high resolution videos from the GoPro, that my laptop dosen’t have the processing power to work with the videos. They are choppy and the sound doesn’t align with the video. Things export correctly, but it’s really hard to edit with choppy video.